Saturday, May 7, 2011

How Much Can I Save in a Year-April Update

Well my April update is a little late, but here goes nothing! I actually took the month off from a lot of shopping because I did an eat from the pantry challenge. I spent $10 a week and just got fresh foods or dairy products. I went over by $2.18 one week, but overall I did save money quite a bit by using up some of the pantry. I pretty much only bought extra things if I could get them for free or under $0.25 each. With as much working as I was doing after my actual job (reffing and coaching), I did find myself picking up dinner out a little more often which sucked so I am going to try to work at that a little better this month. So far, I have only been out to dinner twice in May and have cooked at home the other nights. It's my hope that I will be able to keep this up despite my busy schedule this month.


Here is what I got in April for free or less than $0.25!




6 pouches of Starkist Tuna-$1.00 each- (6) $.50 coupons (double)=6 free

Seventh Generation paper towels- $.89 on clearance-$1 coupon= FREE + .11 overage

Suave deodorant $1.06-.50 coupon (doubles)=$.06

2 tubes of Crest toothpaste-$1.00 each-(2) .50 coupons=2 FREE


2 Reach toothbrushes $1.00 each- $2/2 coupon=2 FREE

3 Reach floss-$1.00 each- (3) $1/1 coupons=3 FREE

Vasaline Sheer Infusion lotion-$1 on clearance-$1/1 coupon=FREE

Head and shoulders trial size shampoo $.97-$1/1 coupon=FREE


Degree deodorant $.97-$1/1 coupon=FREE

Heinz ketchup $1.99-$2/1 coupon=FREE

Grey Poupon $1.12 on clearance-$.50/1 coupon (doubles)=$.12



Well that's it for now. I promise I will get back to posting a lot more once school gets out in 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment