Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blessings in photos

I decided today was going to be my first edition of "Blessings in Photos." Every week I am going to highlight 5 blessings in my life and why I am thankful for them. Enjoy week one of my new experiment! This is Sophie, my wonderful Jack Russel terrier! She is a wild one that loves spending time right next to me. I am so blessed to have such a great dog even when she chews on things she isn't supposed to. This picture was taken today when we were practicing her commands in the kitchen! Hopefully she will get "touchdown" perfect before football season. If you aren't sure what this is, check back once football season starts to see her in action :)
Today I was given a wonderful present by one of the sweeties on my soccer team. She brought a big red bag with a wonderful gift and explanation for me. It is a white wooden sign that says LAUGH. She said it was since I was always smiling and laughing. When I got home, I discovered this sweet note on the bottom. The picture below shows where this special gift has now found a place inside my home. It works well with the dark wood on the hutch.
This is such a great place to highlight such a gift...right in my kitchen/dining area where I will see it everyday.

This is my garden filled with some herbs, yummy eggplant, green peppers, and 3 different kinds of tomatoes. I am hopeful (especially with all the rain we've been getting) that these plants will supply my family and friends (AND ME) with some delicious fresh food from August-October. I will also be canning tomatoes to make homemade pasta sauce, tomatoes/peppers/herbs to make salsa, and drying herbs from my garden to use all winter long. What a blessing to be able to work and see such an outcome.
Sun tea...what better thing to cool off in the summertime? I fill this gallon sun tea pitcher with water, 5 tea bags ($1.99 for 100 at Aldi), and 1/2 cup sugar and place it outside. A few hours later, I have refreshing sun brewed tea. No electric energy required. Cheaper than buying it, green living, and definitely delicious.

This is my weather radio. For those who live in Indy, you can attest to the crazy summer storms we've been getting. My dad provided this weather alert radio to me when I moved into my house last year. It is comforting to know that I will have a warning if severe storms come in the middle of the night. It might be slightly annoying at times (like Tuesday when it went off 28 times in one day), but it might help save my life one day. Believe me, you cannot sleep through this alarm!

I hope you find a way to count your blessings everyday. What blessings do you have in your life that you are thankful for? Comment away.

No comments:

Post a Comment