Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer inspiration

This afternoon I spent some much needed time mowing my grass and enjoying some outdoor time. After I was done, I grabbed a glass of sweet tea and headed to my new patio to look over the grocery ads that came in the mail today! Marsh has yet another addition of great values this week. I love that they do so often because I have one less than a half mile from my house. This includes another mega bonus sale where you get $5 back instantly for every 10 of the promotional items you buy. There are 2 great additions to this...one there are no limits on the 10 items, and two there is a HUGE selection (most of which I have coupons for)!
Just a few featured items include: Kraft Singles, Kellogg's Cereals, Gatorade, Tombstone pizza, Velvetta, Edy's Ice cream, Nabisco snacks, Toaster Strudels, Yoplait Greek Yogurt, and Jello pudding. They also have those delicious vine ripe tomatoes on sale for $.99/lb which has spurred me to share one of my favorite summer recipes with you.

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
2 large vine ripe tomatoes
4 oz. mozzarella cheese (best to use the block and cut it into small chunks--about half the block)
4 tbs chopped fresh basil
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar

Cut the tomatoes (with seeds and juice) and cheese into small chunks. Combine together in container that can be sealed. Chop basil and add to container. Add the oil and vinegar. Close the lid and shake everything up. Let sit for 5-10 minutes then pour into a bowl and enjoy. (You can discard the excess oil/vinegar mix if you do not want it when you eat)

This is also great mixed with some cooled angel hair pasta for a summer pasta salad variation as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment