Monday, June 21, 2010

Wild Weekend

I had every intention of posting a blog on storage and organization on Friday evening, but plans drastically changed when my best friend called me and told me she was in labor. I drove as quickly as I could to get over there...and got pulled over and let out of a ticket because of it...all while trying to beat the severe thunderstorms that were coming. Her husband got home not long after to take her to the hospital. I went home to take care of my dog and had him call me when things were getting close because it was really late at night. Despite the insane thunderstorms and the weather alert radio (see last blog post) going off all night, I got some sleep. Mike (her husband) called me at about 7 am and I raced to the hospital to see her. When I got there the happy family was doing well and it was just about go time. Luke was born at 8:32 am weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. He is a TOTAL cutie! Here is one of his first pictures:
So the storage and organization post must wait since all my camera batteries are dead thanks to this little guy. Until then, enjoy the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment