Saturday, December 4, 2010

Birthdays and memories

Ok so to catch you all up here are a few updates!


Yesterday was Sophie's 1st birthday! She got some yummy canned food that she loved! I also gave her some presents including a new soft toy, a package of Busy Bones, some new tennis balls, and Beggin Strips! She got a little taste of the treats, but I didn't want to go overboard. Happy Birthday Sophie!




Today we're getting somewhere between 2-4 inches of snow in Indy! Loving this weather. It's been a nice morning with some relaxing time on the couch watching Property Ladder and drinking some coffee. I love days like this! Check out these pictures of Sophie enjoying her first snowfall.

Cait @theblessedlife has posted Day 4 of the 12 days of Christmas! Today's subject: Christmas memories.


We've had some very funny Christmas memories over the years. Like the year we were all sick on Christmas and we couldn't eat anything. The Christmas when my mom stayed up all night trying to keep the goldfish alive, yet one didn't make it. We named our remaining fish Holiday and he (or she?) lived for like 7 or 8 years! The Christmas with the infamous picture (one of the FEW in this department) of Kristin and I actually hugging each other. Plus we have to love the year my dad bought her a Purdue sweatshirt with his IU credit card since she was looking to attend Purdue (Thank you Kristin for picking a better Big Ten school-Ohio State). The hysterical memories of dad buying me sweaters with shoulder pads since he thought they would be great for teaching....seriously? Memories of reading Kristin Twas the Night Before Christmas and planning out our notes to leave with the cookies for Santa. Even the year I insisted Santa must be diabetic since he was so fat so we left him sugar free treats.


This year will be my 2nd Christmas on my own and my first with a puppy so I'm sure there will be many interesting tid bits since with a 1 year old dog and a tree in the house. I can only imagine how this is going to end up! My favorite memory from last year was getting my first Christmas tree. My parents helped me pick it up from Lowe's and bring it home. I spent the whole night listening to Christmas music, drinking hot coco (that was spiked with some Bailey's) and finished up the night watching Elf. So wonderful! This year I haven't gotten the tree up yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be Monday night when it happens! I can't wait! Here is a picture of my tree from last year. I'm hoping this year it will be just as beautiful.


Head over to theblessedlife to link up!

button

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about your memories...so fun! Happy birthday to your sweet pup! I'm hoping for more snow in the area this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete