Monday, May 31, 2010

Savy shopping in Cincy

This past weekend I spent some time in Cincinatti, OH coaching my u11 club soccer team. If you've ever been to a soccer tournament before, you know that this involves several hours in between games for players to rest. And best of all for their coach to find some awesome deals. I used my ever trusty Garmin to direct me to the nearest Target and Meijer stores! I've discovered that my planning can even work in a whole different city. Here are some deals I scored at Meijer.

-Ragu Pasta Sauce-$1.29 each

Used 2 Meijer mealbox coupons (see link below) for $1/2 and 2 $1/2 Ragu MFG coupons from 5/23 Redplum insert=$.29 each

-French's Mustard (Reg and Spicy Brown)-$1.50 brown, $1.25 reg

Used $.50/2 Meijer mealbox coupon + $.50/1 coupon that doubled=$1.25 total

-Kraft Salad Dressing-$2.00 each=4 FREE + $3 catalina

I had 4 $1/1 Meijer coupons from http://www.meijermealbox.com/ since you can combine these with MFG coupons, I combined these with 4 $.55/1 coupons from http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?bt=vi&tqnm=zeuofrk74444325&o=63204&c=KR&p=YEphOywU (you will only be able to print 2 from one computer so find a friend with a printer)

The Meijer store in Cincy bumped up all coupons under $1 up to $1 each! Meijer also had a catalina that gave me $3 back to use on my next purchase, so I broke it up into two transactions.

Total from 1st transaction=$2.41+ $3 catalina to use on my next purchase

2nd transaction

-Purina Little Bites 18 lb Dog Food-$9.99

Used $1.50/1 coupon (sorry it expired 5/29) and $3 catalina

Total from 2nd transaction=$6.49

In my other shopping adventures, I also happened to find some really cool throw pillow covers on clearance at Target for $2.98 each. I did go a little overboard and bought 8 of them. (2 red/orange stripe, 2 blue/green stripe, 2 solid red, 2 solid navy) These will be a great investment since I had put all the throw pillows up when I got Sophie. She likes to lick them and it leaves stains, but these can be thrown in the wash when they get pet hair or other unsightlies on them.

I also ventured to the IKEA store where I spent ENTIRELY too much money, but got some much needed things from around the house. I will be doing an entire blog entry sometime this week on IKEA. Don't miss it!

I hope all the teachers out there are enjoying the start to their summer breaks! Catch my next blog entry about how to use freebies in the classroom. Sure sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment