Monday, November 15, 2010

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
I am linking up today for my first Miscellany Monday. Life has been pretty busy this past week. Sorry for the lack of posting. Well here goes...
1. Thanksgiving shopping has begun. My dad was semi confused last night as I was explaining to the things I still need to get to my mom. He didn't know why I needed to get the stuff now instead of just waiting until a day or two before. Silly dad....all the good turkeys will be gone :)
2. My incentive system is TOTALLY working! Although it is costing me some money (OK more than I anticipated to be honest) it's worth it to not want to die every single day because the behavior is atrocious. I love teaching my alternative kiddos, but sometimes (especially this time of year) they get out of control.
3. I'm trying a new recipe that I saw on TV this weekend for my dinner tonight. I cannot wait! It is Garlic and tomato shrimp over couscous. I'll let you know how it turns out.
4. I admitted to a friend yesterday my struggles with Christ lately. I know He is there and He is guiding me, but I am struggling to find Him in my everyday life. I struggle to find Christ in my job. I feel like I am trying my hardest to be the selfless person He wants me to be. I get cussed at, yelled at, directions I ask students to follow aren't done as I've requested, and they are mostly completely ungrateful for every single thing I do. I often wonder why God would want me to do this job that makes me doubt goodness in the world. There are many other things that have contributed to this. I have not found a church to call home since the church from my teenage years closed. I feel most alone when I am at church by myself. For me, church is not just about faith...it is about love. I feel love for Christ, but it is also the time when I feel most alone. I'm not sure why this is and although I love being single, I cannot motivate myself to be there alone without some support system and I am scared of building one. I'm not really sure what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment